Impact after having infected with rota virus

1. profile image48
    revathy narayananposted 6 years ago

Impact after having infected with rota virus

my daughter is 3 yrs old and she recovered from rota virus only 20 days before.again she started vomiting the food each and every time I feed her.her pediatrician gave her EMIGO and finally the vomiting stopped but yesterday she started having a drop of motion when peeing more than 3 to 4 times.

kindly advice on this as I am very worried abt her health.

2. msviolets profile image85
    msvioletsposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure what you mean by drop of motion.  My kids would often catch a second bug soon after recovering from something 'big'.   General malaise, nausea, etc aren't uncommon for most viruses. 
    Did your dr tell you about the BRAT diet?  Basically, it's easy to digest foods that should be used in frequent but small quantities when a kid is feeling sick to their stomach.  Bananas, Rice (cooked with a little extra water, a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar), Applesauce and Toast are the "BRAT" recommendations.
    If she seems dehydrated (dark urine, several hours between needing/able to go and fewer than 5 times in 24 hours) she may need IV rehydration. 
    Give her popsicles, broth, watered down juice, and gelatin to try and get fluids into her.  Good luck!

working