jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Which is the most common health problem in US ?

1. manu6076 profile image71
    manu6076posted 6 years ago

Which is the most common health problem in US ?

2. chelseacharleston profile image60
    chelseacharlestonposted 6 years ago

Self Awareness!  No doubt.  From it all things either heal or deteriorate!

3. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 6 years ago

Obesity..a common affliction in developed countries..

In and by itself, it is not harmful..a few pounds here and there is fine..however when it gets beyond a certain point, the fat then covers the vital organs and impede on their function..

4. peepingtomb profile image77
    peepingtombposted 6 years ago

Heart disease is the top killer of both men and women in the States. Many factors can lead to heart disease, including (but not limited to) obesity and poor diet, smoke and pollution inhalation, alcohol abuse, stress and lack of exercise. Cancer is probably not far behind and caused by many of the same factors.

5. Daniella Lopez profile image93
    Daniella Lopezposted 6 years ago

I would have to say it is obesity. Many people will say heart disease, diabetes, etc. but the underlying cause behind most of those ailments is obesity.

6. cobrien profile image77
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

From what I understand, it is obesity. Obesity is linked to diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc.

7. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Let's ask google. "What is the most common health problem in the U.S.?" According to the Mayo Health Clinic, the top ten health problems in America (in order) are:
    1. Heart Disease
    2. Cancer
    3. Stroke
    4. Respiratory Diseases
    5. Injuries
    6. Diabeties
    7. Alzheimer's Disease
    8. Influenza and Pneumonia
    9. Kidney Disease
    10. Septicemia

8. thumbi7 profile image63
    thumbi7posted 6 years ago

Obesity may be the root cause for all other illnesses like heart disease, diabetes and even some types of cancers

9. thumbi7 profile image63
    thumbi7posted 6 years ago

Fatty food is known to contribute to obesity. But exercise and physical fitness play a larger role than restricting food in controlling obesity. "Diet for obesity" or "Exercise for obesity"? read more

10. tswilson profile image58
    tswilsonposted 6 years ago

I believe that I have heard that heart disease is the leading cause of death, but I am not positive. It seems to me that diabetes is the fastest growing cause.

working