jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What are some natural remedies for stress and anxiety?

1. alexatomas profile image66
    alexatomasposted 6 years ago

What are some natural remedies for stress and anxiety?

I'm going to have a final exam this afternoon and I'm too stressed due to serious personal problems. What can I do so I can be relaxed and still perform well at that exam?

2. alphagirl profile image83
    alphagirlposted 6 years ago

drink come chamomile tea. Drink a preint drink with bananas because you burn potassium when stressed. Vitamin B 6 is good for those stressed. Tell yourself you will be fine. Run around the block 5 times to get rid of some anxiety. talk e a walk and breath fresh air. Breathing only through your nose. Thissend oxygen through your body. Deep breaths and exhale, mouth open. Good luck.

Stay away from chips and redbull that stuff will make your crash and you might get edgy after. good luck.

3. Kris Heeter profile image79
    Kris Heeterposted 6 years ago

Exercise is a biggie - it releases endorphins in your body  (the "feel good" or happiness hormone).

Simple meditations and breathing exercises work too.  Maybe try download the sounds of the beach or a rainforest, close your eyes, breath slowly and imagine yourself vacationing there.   I use a similar technique myself and with some clients and it can work well if you stay focused on your pretend vacation during the medication.

Good luck on your exam!

4. sangre profile image97
    sangreposted 6 years ago

I use these drops you can get in the health stores. However you really need to take them a few days in advance. The product is called Emergency Essence by Jan De Vreis  Good luck with the exam later.

5. easylearningweb profile image91
    easylearningwebposted 6 years ago

I would recommend yoga, or some simple stretching exercises, along with lots of deep breathing.

6. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

When I'm stressed I go for a run. It really does seem to help and certainly eases the mind. I can't honestly say that I've ever known anything more useful for stress.

7. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

I would suggest doing some meditation and pranayam, that is yogic breathing exercises which are deep breathing exercises done the yogic way.
    They are a sure shot stress and anxiety busters.

8. tgopfrich profile image81
    tgopfrichposted 6 years ago

Lavender is a good one, Valerian (although a side affect is sleepiness, though its commonly used when your unable to sleep) Chamomile
    http://tgopfrich.hubpages.com/hub/Laven … resher-Way

working