People have had things happen, they claim changed them & their life completely,

1. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 6 years ago

People have had things happen, they claim changed them & their life completely, from that point on.

Have you ever experienced such a profound emotionally and mentally disturbing event that you feel it was totally life-changing to you?

2. angelskies profile image60
    angelskiesposted 6 years ago

Yes absolutely. It happened in college with my first mature crush. He opened my eyes to the whole and challenged me to overcome countless repressions and illness.

3. Max_Power profile image60
    Max_Powerposted 6 years ago

Yes, although mine was not only emotionally and mentally disturbing, it was also physical. I was bashed badly in 2010 and, amongst other damage, it left me with two brain injuries and a broken jaw. Two years later I still have not been able to return to my usual work in construction, or any other work, and am struggling to make ends meet.

It has opened my eyes in many ways - I am now more empathetic and understanding towards those in difficult situations, and also less trusting (naive) when it comes to the world, and people, in general

Although I am slightly more aggressive/protective of myself now, and avoid people, overall it has been a positive change. For instance, I can't drink alcohol anymore (I was a big drinker) and I now spend a lot of time writing, instead of partying. Before this happened I had never written anything purely for the sake of writing.

So it has been a 180 degree turn for me and although, in many ways, I am a very different person now, I do like the person that I am becoming. It seems to be my 'friends' and family that are having more trouble with the adjustment.

For me, I know that my next decade is going to be my best yet, and will make everything worthwhile.

working