jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How does caffeine effect the body? Are there long term and short term effects? P

1. KrystalD profile image79
    KrystalDposted 6 years ago

How does caffeine effect the body? Are there long term and short term effects? Pros? Cons?

2. Mary Stuart profile image80
    Mary Stuartposted 6 years ago

It simply wakes me up.
    As I former diet Coke addict I used to read study after study concerning the great caffeine debate. Some said caffeine was not a problem and some said that caffeine is hard on the heart and blood pressure. The verdict concerning coffee, chocolate, and tea seems to change with the season, as well. One study says there are great health benefits associated with each of these three caffeine packed treats and some claim they are health hazards. In these circumstances I think your best option is to listen to your own body.

3. gusdeli profile image56
    gusdeliposted 6 years ago

After 25 years of research and my own personal experience I have found that coffee consumption pollutes our system and because of that we cannot absorb nutrients from the foods we eat.  Equally as bad, our body does not discard what it should through the elimination process.

4. kwade tweeling profile image92
    kwade tweelingposted 6 years ago

This question is tied to much deliberation.

Clearly, caffeine effects people differently. The type of caffeine you consume also makes a difference.

The clearest best short and long term advice I feel I have heard is: Anything chemical (natural or man made) that gives you an energy boost, does so by using your body's stored resources. To use these products depletes these resources. If you use too much, it can seriously affect your health. Giving yourself time to replenish and sleep are vital for long term health.

Now that you have asked the question, I think the time has come for you to do some research and find the answers for yourself.