jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can a person with Hepatitis or AIDS become an organ donor?

1. vronx1 profile image59
    vronx1posted 6 years ago

Can a person with Hepatitis  or AIDS become an organ donor?

I am struck  by the thought of it. I feel curious and I wanna know if they can.

There are a lot of people needing organ donation. And are hopeful to chances in life.

I know of somebody who was given a new lung. Yes, a new lung to breathe a new life. He  never thought he would have the chance. He was so thankful and greatful. Now, he is  living his life happily with his love ones. When asked he said," I couldn't ask for more. God is so great and awesome. He blessed me with this lungs. I feel like I was born again".

2. smzclark profile image60
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

Of course not! You can't even give blood if you have a unit of alcohol, or any medication in your bloodstream. I personally would rather die of heart failure than of AIDS.

3. vronx1 profile image59
    vronx1posted 6 years ago

Hey SMZClark! Thanks for the response. I actually heard it from another person who knows about organ donation. She told us that hepatitis positive donor can still give organs as long as it's compatible, not damage and the person to recieve has same type of hepatitis. Lol! Isn't it crazy?! I probably won't either. : )

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I highly doubt that is medically safe.... Another reason why I don't like the American health system... It's all going downhill. Especially with the health bill Obama had passed. The pregnancy procedures in that bill make me furious and I regret that it will be in my future if I desire to become pregnant.