jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you had cancer would you have chemo?

1. smzclark profile image61
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

If you had cancer would you have chemo?

If you found out that you had cancer and were advised to have chemotherapy, would you or not? and why?

2. True Cures profile image59
    True Curesposted 6 years ago

There is no evidence that Chemo works.  The medical industry uses it to "treat" what they refer to as "cancer" but they are not claiming to cure what is known as "cancer".

Scientifically speaking there is no way to prove Chemo works or that it improves someone's health.  That is the nature of the beast, once a person undergoes Chemo it is impossible to tell how they would have done had they skipped the chemotherapy making it absolutely impossible to measure the effectiveness of chemo.

"Cancer" is still a death sentence to most who seek medical treatment no matter if chemo or radiation is used.  If oncologists gave their patients sugar pills instead of chemo and told them it would cure them they would respond and heal much more effectively than they would with any medical treatment.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

It would depend on the prognosis. I would hate to deplete what money my husband and I have on a hopeless endeavor. I would weigh all the options once the kind if cancer was determined.

4. Just About It profile image68
    Just About Itposted 6 years ago

True Cures... please don't generalize this disease and  treatments. "Cancer" is full diversity. There are proven studies that show improved survival rates. These studies are designed to test the use of chemo for certain types of cancer and stage... criteria for a patient to be in the study and randomized treat regimen for the patient. "Cancer" is still a death sentence is not appropriate.

5. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 6 years ago

One of my closest friends was unexpectedly diagnosed with leukemia in 2007.  She found out from a routine lab test.  She was told by physicians that if she did NOT have chemotherapy and radiation she would be dead in two years.  She went through ALOT of discomfort, side effects, infections, losing her hair. 

She told me, "this is my life, so I want more than two years!"

She was dead in a year and a half WITH the treatments.  I asked someone who knew her, "what happened?  I can't believe she is gone."

He said, "The treatments killed her.  She was TOTALLY symptom free when she was diagnosed."  Of course, this was his opinion.

However, from her experience, I feel very skittish about whether or not I would have chemotherapy, if given the option. 

All I know is that I want my dignity and quality of life up until my Creator takes me.

Thank you for a thought-provoking question.  Blessings, Sparklea

working