jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you focus on your goals?

1. gabrielthomas72 profile image75
    gabrielthomas72posted 6 years ago

How do you focus on your goals?

With all of the distractions in the modern world, how do you focus on achieving your goals? Do you have any special techniques or methods that help you avoid being side tracked?

2. Dr. Haddox profile image79
    Dr. Haddoxposted 6 years ago

The word "focus" has power, in and of its self. One must think "focus," act "focus," and live "focus." It is very difficult to "stay centered," and "stay focused," but to accomplish anything significant, or to fulfill your dreams or reach a goal, you must stay focused. Again, it isn't easy, and it is not easy to talk about. You will always face distractions but you must overcome them, and get back on course. Distractions are a fact of Life and an problem that we have to learn to live with, to overcome them, and to continue moving forward. Distractions will always be there as "stumbling-blocks." We must overcome them.
    Take care, gabrielthomas, and as you go, "Peace." Regards, Dr. Haddox

3. gabrielthomas72 profile image75
    gabrielthomas72posted 6 years ago

Thanks Dr. Haddox, as you say it is easier to talk about than do, but I'm getting there!

4. sandrabusby profile image85
    sandrabusbyposted 6 years ago

Focus is truly the name of the game.  I'm currently reading a book called THE WILLPOWER INSTINCT.  The author's name is not on the tip of my tongue, but you can get it on Amazon.  See if it helps.  Sandra Bsuby

5. profile image0
    EvansPposted 6 years ago

Depending on what it is I want to achieve, I'll break down my end goal into a series of smaller stepping goals. I find smaller goals more manageable.

6. life_mantras profile image58
    life_mantrasposted 6 years ago

You focus on your goal because of your attachment with it. Now a goal can be defined in several ways by several people but for me a goal becomes a goal when you see it as your 1st and last achievement of your life and then it's like 'do or die'. So, you have no other option except to focus on it to achieve it.