Tricks to better living, after diagnosed with a sleeping disorder?
I haven't been diagnosed with a sleeping disorder, but "menopause" has hit my sleep patterns out of the field. These are the steps I take to get a few hours of consecutive sleep.
1. Be as active as possible during the day. I cycle, when weather permitting, an average of 40 km (25 miles) every morning.
2. I only drink decaf coffee.
3. I walk the dogs (you don't need dogs to walk) for 30 minutes late each afternoon.
4. I either go to the gym 3 days a week or do a work out at home. At home I do 3 x 10minute sessions.
5. I stop watching TV and using any technology around 8 pm.
6. I always do deep breathing exercises when I go to bed.
7. If I wake, I will do more deep breathing exercises and meditation.
8. I'll also do some gentle stretching if I'm awake and the meditation hasn't worked.
9. Reading! This activity will get your mind off not sleeping and keep you in the moment. It may take 45 min - an hour to get back to sleep, but at least you do get back to sleep.
Hope some or all of these tips help. I have to say there is the odd night though, when I give up and read for a number of hours. The body and mind just won't agree on sleep.
by ECLECTIC PLETHORA6 years ago
What is your best remedy for insomnia?
by Happy Banana6 years ago
Hi, what is like living with bipolar?I mean, I think I may have it...all the signs are there but I'm too scared to confront it.
by hopalopa678 years ago
One thing that I do at night to ensure a better night's rest is to avoid any consumption of food or beverages. Certain foods can cause indegestion and heart burn and some beverages can keep you awake at night.Let me...
by Cat3 years ago
How much sleep do you consider adequate to function properly, personally?The conversation about sleeping has been popping up a lot recently. Fellow hubbers and I have been joking about the idea of never going to bed....
by schoolgirlforreal5 years ago
The following is an account of what I now remember better:Starting to RememberA Reign of ControlI had a normal childhood up until my 15th year when Catherine and my mom started influencing me. Catherine told me to...
by BlissfulWriter6 years ago
Is it better to sleep on the your back or on your side?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.