jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When should you share the news that you're pregnant?

1. ProfoundPuns profile image83
    ProfoundPunsposted 6 years ago

When should you share the news that you're pregnant?

2. Lizam1 profile image84
    Lizam1posted 6 years ago

Well depends on who you are sharing the news with.  I could hardly wait to tell the girls Dad when I was pregnant with our first daughter.  We waited for the next 30 days before telling family but people guessed because I refused to have wine with dinner at a party and then the news was out to everyone.  I think the other parent should know as soon as possible and as for every one else that is up to the expectant couple.

3. Butterfly67 profile image92
    Butterfly67posted 6 years ago

Telling people when you are pregnant is a very personal decision and you may want to tell people at different times. Society seems to dictate to us when is right but there are reasons not to take notice of what is deemed as normal. read more

4. klayne profile image61
    klayneposted 6 years ago

I think there is no "right time", its whenever you feel comfortable doing so. Some women can't wait to shout it from the rooftops as soon as they get a positive pregnancy test, others prefer to wait it out as to not get others hopes up if something should go wrong. In my opinion there are only three people who need to know: You, the father (whether you are with him or not) and your doctor. The rest are all up to you. The one thing id like to say, is that this is your decision, your life, your choices. If other people get offended because you chose to wait before you told them, oh well. It isn't about them. Its about what feels right for you and your baby.

5. dipsmi profile image74
    dipsmiposted 6 years ago

medically 3 months  and personally anytime. Many people announce to their dear ones as soon as they know about it while others wait.