My insurance that was being "up charged" was Cigna, but the Dr did admit he did

1. Ron Tulotta profile image54
    Ron Tulottaposted 6 years ago

My insurance that was being "up charged" was Cigna, but the Dr did admit he did this to others.

When I foind out and and got annoyed I said to my Dr, god knows how many people you did this too he said "not many". So he was definately admitting to doing itto others. I did find an Attorney from the Bar Association that wanted to work with me, unfortunately he was not willing to work on contingency. The DIstrict Attorney is having a meeting about this today and said he would be calling me to discuss in further detail. Assuming he has done this to Medicare or Medicaid patience, would I still be able to seek a "qui tam" attorney? And the other news is this Dr comes from an interesting past.

2. Jillian Barclay profile image79
    Jillian Barclayposted 6 years ago

Dear Ron,
    I apologize for taking so long to get back to you.

Most qui tam attorneys take their cases on contingency. I am not sure if this situation would qualify you to file a qui tam case against the doctor because your knowledge of his practices are limited to commercial insurance.

But here is the kicker! If there is evidence of Medicare or Medicaid fraud going on in this office, anyone can sue the physician for this activity under qui tam.

I do not know everything, but I know that for sure. I think it might be worth your while to contact a qui tam attorney and see what he or she says to you about this.

Please read this article about qui tam written by Hubber Deni Edwards: http://deni-edwards.hubpages.com/hub/ch … ctattorney

3. Ron Tulotta profile image54
    Ron Tulottaposted 6 years ago

All these questions and answers paid off, I found an Attorney who is willing to talk to me. He was hoping I can get a client of my Dr who is covered by Medicaid or Medicare to help with the case.

I found two people who work for the Deptartment Of Education whos insurance is being paid for by the Government. They are both being charged for the same treatments as I was that NEVER took place.

I fel relieved now. Ecsuse I know I have support out there.

Thank you for all your helpful information....

working