jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever made dramatic changes to your diet?

1. Eliminate Cancer profile image58
    Eliminate Cancerposted 6 years ago

Have you ever made dramatic changes to your diet?

Have you ever completely changed your diet, like going from eating meat to vegan, or raw?  How long did the transition take?  What were some challenges?

2. mbwalz profile image89
    mbwalzposted 6 years ago

Yes, when I had mono last year I worked with a naturopath. Basically I went in an anti-inflamatory diet, customized to help my immune system.

3. QualityContent profile image78
    QualityContentposted 6 years ago

I have made changes. I now eat brown rice instead of white and have removed all refined white flour from my diet. I eat vegetables and fruit as well as more fish than red meat now. I started small by eliminating sugar from my coffee and drinking more water.

I think the challenge for most people is that we grow up from birth now eating terrible food and it's all we know. It's like good quality food is foreign to so many people. Even infant formula gets us hooked right from the start on the terrible diet we now are faced with. The other problem is the mass marketing of bad food to people who just don't understand what it's doing to them. We had an industrial revolution, we need a food revolution back to nature.

4. Monisajda profile image73
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

I have always eaten right and made my food from scratch. But occasionally I would eat something that later I would regret. I read "eat to live" by dr. joel fuhrman and decided to be more careful about the food.

I never buy any precooked and prepped foods because they contain added sugars, colorants, stabilizers, etc. I cook using fresh veggies that I actually peel, slice or chop and cook myself, sometimes I use frozen ones but I read labels to check if they don't contain anything else. I hardly buy any junk food or eat out. My only rule about food is that if it could grow on a farm or be raised on a farm I may eat it.