jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do you have trouble getting out of bed in the morning? What can you try to over

1. suzzycue profile image94
    suzzycueposted 6 years ago

Do you have trouble getting out of bed in the morning? What can you try to over come this condition?

2. mbyL profile image81
    mbyLposted 6 years ago

Yes and how! But I think my problem is that I always got to do a lot of work. But yes I figured out, if I have a motivation (and a strong will of course) it is not this hard to get out of bed.

3. darrensurrey profile image75
    darrensurreyposted 6 years ago

Have something to look forward to doing. Then you'll want to get out of bed sooner. Also try going to bed earlier because you'll then lie in bed in the morning thinking how bored you are. yikes)

As for weekdays, I find the risk of being sacked by my boss for continually turning up late is enough to get me out of bed. :-D

4. lorenmurcia profile image88
    lorenmurciaposted 6 years ago

I always have trouble getting out of bed every morning. I hate waking up at 5 a.m. but I have to prepare for my work and my son's breakfast. I just think of the myriad of things I have to do for the day in order to fully wake myself up. I'm not a morning person, really.

5. Catzgendron profile image72
    Catzgendronposted 6 years ago

Why do you have trouble getting out of bed? Is there something on your mind that is difficult to face? Are you getting enough sleep? Is there an underlying issue?  I used to have trouble getting out of bed for all the reasons above. I had a stressful life, wasn't sleeping well and have mental health issues.  Once I was properly medicated it made such a difference. I still don't sleep 8 hrs but then I never have.  I sleep at least 4 hours straight then it's broken sleep the rest of the time but,  getting up isn't an issue normally like it was before.

6. Hubpage Gal profile image61
    Hubpage Galposted 6 years ago

Start your day off with a happy thought and five minutes of thinking about how great and accomplished you are.  Many people are happy with seeing another morning and getting to enjoy someone's special company even if it is just you.  Have a nice day smile

7. BlissfulWriter profile image68
    BlissfulWriterposted 6 years ago

Your body is a self-regulating machine.   If it doesn't want to get up in the morning and you need to be woken by an alarm clock, it means that your body would like more sleep.  It knows when it has enough sleep and will wake up on its own.   Most people are not getting enough sleep.  Unfortunately, this is due to the constraints of modern society. 

Sometimes one has to go against conventional wisdom, and decide to do less thing, work less hours, make less money, in order to sleep earlier to get more sleep.

I wrote about how the importance of  sleep is third most important aspect of health after diet and exercise.
    http://blissfulwriter.hubpages.com/hub/ … -Important

8. tigerbaby777 profile image84
    tigerbaby777posted 6 years ago

Been diagnosed with depression? Fighting fatigue and lack of interest in life?  Get a simple blood test to see if it could be your thyroid. read more

9. fosginger profile image60
    fosgingerposted 6 years ago

yes, what i do is wait for about a minute and then realize my evil monkey is awake. wait for the sippy cup to the face, then get up and chase this evil lil human around the house