jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Does going to bed & getting up 2-3 hours earlier make a difference if you still

1. keepitnatural profile image70
    keepitnaturalposted 7 years ago

Does going to bed & getting up 2-3 hours earlier make a difference if you still get the same...

amount of sleep? In other words does an early start benefit you more, if you still only had a few hours sleep?

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

I'm going to answer this, but you might want to disregard my answer!

Because I've been a rodeo rider driving all hours of the days and night to reach the next rodeo on the circuit...a truck driver who (like every other long haul driver out there) had to skip as much sleep as humanly possible  (and sometimes more) to get the next load to the next delivery point on time.....

And because now I'm going on 68 years of age and have no clue on Earth how many hours of sleep I get AFTER deducting all those minutes of getting up to go to the bathroom again and again and again...big_smile

Sleep?  I can sleep when I'm dead.

3. camlo profile image89
    camloposted 7 years ago

I'm never fit if I have to get up early in the morning, no matter how long I've slept.

4. suncat profile image58
    suncatposted 7 years ago

I like to get all the sleep I can get,

So I can't relate to anyone who suggests anything other than that.

That said I still think you got a very good question here because it makes me think if I should reconsider smile)

5. Moon Willow Lake profile image75
    Moon Willow Lakeposted 7 years ago

I am a 3rd shifter at heart, but am now working an early first shift. I certainly do not benefit from waking up earlier. I value my sleep and waking up early means cutting my sleep short. I just can't give up my night!

6. gypsumgirl profile image86
    gypsumgirlposted 7 years ago

Waking up earlier even with the same amount of sleep makes me even more tired, it seems.  I think it has a lot to do with the "internal clock" we have.  My body is used to getting up at a certain time.  Getting up earlier always messes with my brain...

7. webtwilight profile image36
    webtwilightposted 7 years ago

Everyone is difference, one way to find out is try it yourself.  Myself, I need all the sleep I can get.

8. MikeNV profile image79
    MikeNVposted 7 years ago

The only thing that matters is that your body adjusts to a circadian rhythm that works for you.  Listen to your body.

9. starsofeight profile image60
    starsofeightposted 7 years ago

I like a few hours for me, before I go in to work. Some days I sleep a little late, and have only an hour or two. At least twice a week, I set the clock and get up very early.

I have noticed differences in my mood and energy level.

On those days when I get up earlier, I am actually able to do the things I want to do. On those days where I sleep later, I am only able to wake up for work, and not always successfully - sometimes I remain sleepy all day.