jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you do if you have a heart attach?

1. suzzycue profile image94
    suzzycueposted 6 years ago

What do you do if you have a heart attach?

2. conradofontanilla profile image82
    conradofontanillaposted 6 years ago

When struck by heart attack I would take a nitroglycerin (Isordil) at once, up to three tablets at intervals of 5 minutes. I would go to or call a doctor within 5 minutes. I would call help from one capable of giving first aid; request my doctor or go to another one for an infusion chelation therapy that remedy heart attack by reversing blockage in the artery. read more

3. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

If you feel that you may be having symptoms try taking an aspirin as you go to the ER or call an ambulance.  Aspirin has been known to save lives and many places suggest doing this.  A lot of people keep chewable aspirin on hand and some even take a daily regimen when prescribed by the doctor. 

If you've had a heart attack, recovery involves strict control of the diet and exercise and of course a lifestyle change that helps prevent future heart attacks

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

If you think you might be having a heart attack, stop what you are doing (to conserve oxygen and prevent further damage) and call 911 (in the U.S.), 999 in the U.K. If you have nitroglycerin or an other short-acting prescription medication, take that as directed by your physician. Paramedics may also give aspirin on the way to the hospital under the direction of a physician - this is to prevent clotting. Do not try to drive yourself to the hospital, and do not wait - denial is a common symptom of heart attacks. Go immediately - do NOT call to make an appointment with your physician. Time is of the essence for effective treatment.

working