jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it possible for a shy person to get over shyness?

1. LisaKoski profile image94
    LisaKoskiposted 6 years ago

Is it possible for a shy person to get over shyness?

What is the best way for a shy person to break out of their shell?

2. Ruby211 profile image68
    Ruby211posted 6 years ago

It is possible. I've done it lol. I took a theater class in highschool that really helped. You deffenitly have to reach outside your bubble in a class like that. Also I keep in mind it doesn't matter what I do when I'm in public because alot of those people I won't ever see agian so it doesn't matter what they think. If you want to dance, dance or if you want to talk to someone do it. The worse thing that could happen is that you get a little embarrased but that embarrasment was worth the risk in the end. lol.

3. rambansal profile image60
    rambansalposted 6 years ago

Yes, it is possible, certainly. But after shyness is removed, the person may remain an introvert. Here, difference between shyness and introversion has to be understood as these two traits are often confused for each other.

A shy person avoids socializing for the fear of going wrong or doing something wrong. Thus, he/she lacks self-confidence what he/she does or intends to do. An introvert has no such feeling of guilt or lack of self-confidence in him/herself, but he/she merely thinks more and speaks less. Thus, an introvert remains happy by him/herself.

4. isenhower33 profile image80
    isenhower33posted 5 years ago

I was probably one of the most shy guys you could ever meet. I grew up in a very small town, and when i say small town like less that 1000 people. There wasn't any places to go to really meet anyone outside of your town except when you traveled. When i moved to Cali for a year it helped out a lot. I lived in San Diego and being around so many people everyday made me come out of my shyness. Im still a shy guy but not nearly as bad as i use to be. The best way for me was force myself to go talk to that beautiful girl that i thought i had no shot with, but going and doing it i found out that it wasn't so bad. I carried on conversations and stuff like that even though i was very shy and nervous. Once i realized that 90% of people will be nice to you if you approach them it made things a lot better.

working