jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you had a terminal disease, would you ask for assisted suicide?

1. ananceleste profile image72
    anancelesteposted 6 years ago

If you had a terminal disease, would you ask for assisted suicide?

For what ever reason there was no hope. Would you have the nerve to ask your partner of someone close to you to help you die?

2. forall profile image59
    forallposted 6 years ago

Absolutely no. I will die anyway, I can't determine the way I should die.

3. silentnomore profile image61
    silentnomoreposted 6 years ago

As a person who has survived a suicide attempt, I would have to say no, I would not ask for an assisted suicide.  After my suicide attempt I found out how many people loved me and how much they would miss me if I was gone.  While I would be dying from the terminal illness, I would want to spend as much quality time with my family and friends that I could.  Life is precious and even one extra day here on Earth is worth living as long as I could spend it with family and friends.

4. aDayInMyLife1 profile image90
    aDayInMyLife1posted 6 years ago

I think that if the person is suffering and nothing else can be done for them, assisted suicide should be an options. We do this for our pets and put them out of their misery. Why wouldn't we afford our fellow humans the same right? Why must humans suffer until the end?

5. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

I would do my best to  see the alternatives and to choose life.  With others, it is the same, helping them to choose life over death is important.  Depression is a heavy blanket to carry on your own and with the support of others, it can be lightened. There is always Hope.

6. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

NO!!! I would never put someone I love in that postion. I would try to stay comfortable and do what I could to enjoy the rest of my life I would spend more time showing the ones I loved how much I care!

7. freemarketingnow profile image56
    freemarketingnowposted 6 years ago

No, I think all life is sacred. I would make the most of the time that I have left - to love others and to be loved by them.