jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why would you attend a funeral?

1. Sky9106 profile image75
    Sky9106posted 6 years ago

Why would you attend a funeral?

If you do not like a person, openly so. Would you still attend their funeral? I know there are many people who as yet don't understand anything truthful about life, because they don't want to. Someone will kill you and come to your funeral . Tell me about you!

2. jeyaramd profile image75
    jeyaramdposted 6 years ago

There are definite miserables souls out there. However, the response to people who drive our life insane; may not be to show them the same treatment. We should have some restraint. If its a coworker that drove you insane and you know that many of your coworkers would attend. There is no reason in hating someone that you did not love in the first place.

You are a lot bigger than you think. Its common courtesy to show some respect if you know them well. However, if you were the one who caused them much grief in their life. I would suggest not attending since you may irritate those whom know of your relationship with the person who is now dead. The last thing that you would want is to have a confrontation at the funeral.

However, personally, I have no qualms about being around people who hate me, unless of course, I have made a deliberate attempt to ruin their life. If I have not done anything purposefully and people are just annoyed because I am having a good turn of fortune. Then, I would not worry about that. Its more of their problem than yours. You should not take ownership for the ill feelings of others. Hope this advice helps. Great question by the way. Thanks.

3. teaches12345 profile image96
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

That is hard question to answer and would depend upon the circumstances surrounding their death. I would still offer my sympathy to the family (if possible) and hope that the departed was at peace with God.

4. profile image0
    thesoulsremedyposted 5 years ago

i would not attend the funeral.  at this point there is no need.  Now if there was an opportunity to reconcile and forgive there is a possibility I would attend.

5. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

I would not attend a funeral for a person that I don't like. I suppose that some people go simply out of spite.