jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the best way to get up in the mornings?

1. chrae profile image71
    chraeposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to get up in the mornings?

I am really struggling to get up in the mornings! I have an alarm clock next to my bed but as soon as it goes off I turn it off and go back to sleep. Suggestions please!

2. slackermom profile image77
    slackermomposted 6 years ago

You could try putting your alarm clock on the other side of the room instead of next to your bed. If you have to get out of bed to turn it off, you may be more likely to stay up. smile

3. darrensurrey profile image75
    darrensurreyposted 6 years ago

Could try going to bed earlier... it's something we often find hard to do but just have to get on with it.

4. morphite65 profile image59
    morphite65posted 6 years ago

A few suggestions that help me:
    1. Put the alarm clock on the other side of the room. This requires you to physically get out of bed in order to turn it off. Before you know what's happening, you're up!
    2. Sleep near a window if possible. If you want to get up around sunrise, this is key. The sun shining on you, even indirectly, kicks on your body's natural sensors telling you that it's time to arise.
    3. Set a second alarm clock. If someone else lives with you, have them hide it in your room or a room nearby. If you live alone, put it in a different place every night. Once you turn off the first one and go back to bed, the second one will make you activate your brain a little more to find it, effectively waking you up.
    4. Get an app. I have a smartphone app called Sleep As Android, which includes some great features like multiple alarms, a test to make sure you're awake, and a sleep monitoring mode to awaken you within the optimal section of your sleep cycles.

5. fit2day profile image75
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

I used to have to get up for work at 5 and leave by 5:30 in the morning, since I had very little time to prepare, I had to get up as soon as the alarm went off. I find putting an alarm clock where you have to get out of bed to turn it off to be helpful, but ultimately it comes down to discipline.