jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Besides going to a chiropractic, what are good ways to relieve low back pain?

1. StellaSee profile image83
    StellaSeeposted 5 years ago

Besides going to a chiropractic, what are good ways to relieve low back pain?

2. mackyi profile image67
    mackyiposted 5 years ago

There are many causes for low back pain. However, it's recommended that you take a few NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as Tylenol, Advil, Aleve, etc.  for relief of an initial back pain.  You may then check with your healthcare provider to rule out any disc damage. Providing there is no serious injury or disc damage, there are many lower back stretches that you can perform to help strengthen and increase flexibility and range of motion of your back.
    You might also want to adjust your sleeping habits, change your mattress and practice correct sitting and standing habits.  Pay close attention to the shoes you wear(if heels are too high, this can be a problem). These are just  a few of the many things you can do to help with your back pain.

3. Ms Dee profile image89
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

I learned a few months ago that the psoas major muscle connected from the lower back to the top of the thigh can be hard to loosen. This causes pain in the lower back and the sacrum. There is a simple rubber device I bought that stretches that muscle to get it to release. I explain it in my hub "Low Back Pain - Best Device for Daily Relief". This is something that can be done at home, without a chiropractor, which I have also tried.

4. StellaSee profile image83
    StellaSeeposted 5 years ago

Hi Ms Dee I just read your article! So that sacro wedge thing, how do you use it? Do you just sit on it? I'm curious to try it now...

And mackyi, I agree about changing the mattress..mine's about 8 years old! Thanks for your comments~~

5. cloverleaffarm profile image65
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

Walking! I healed 3 herniated discs by walking. Also, working on your "core", can help strengthen the back muscles. Did both, and I have been pretty pain free since 2008!
    Stretching, and yoga can also help.
    Be Well.

6. Arc4life profile image78
    Arc4lifeposted 4 years ago

lower back stretches and yoga can help to relieve and keep back pain away:

http://arc4life.hubpages.com/hub/healthylowback

working