jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Any natural ways to treat neck pain?

1. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 5 years ago

Any natural ways to treat neck pain?

I have been told in the past I have what's called "forward head". On top of this, anxiety and panic attacks plague my life.This also makes pain worse for me. I don't want to be on pain meds either. Are there any natural remedy's I can do/try that helps with pain, inflammation. I have such bad pressure on the back of my neck and head. Its horrible.

2. truthfornow profile image80
    truthfornowposted 5 years ago

I have done acupuncture for migraines and chiropractic care for lower back pain.  Acupuncture was kind of expensive but it got me off drugs.  Chiropractic care got rid of swelling in my lower back.  It took a while, but did work.

3. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

It's been more than 20 years, now.... but I divorced her.....

P.S.  It actually affected/cured pain in TWO locations!!!!!

4. maggieju profile image60
    maggiejuposted 5 years ago

Acupuncture is defenitely suitable for your case.

5. rutley profile image74
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

Had neck pain for over two years.....It can be excruciating!  Runs up the back of your head like you have a tumor!  Dtrs. never found my problem.  I heated it, but ice actually works better.  Bag of frozen peas.  Finally went through 8 weeks of physicial therapy, because my shoulders were so constantly shrugged to compensate trying to hold my head up straight. 
    Take a towel, roll it up tight like a snake, place it behind your head at the base where your spine meets, pull each end tight as you can.  Now, reach your chin way up towards the roof while supporting your head with the towel.  Hold for 1 minute, then look all the way down and hold.  Repeat as many times as you can to strengthen your neck muscles.   Twice daily.
    Another one is to gently hold your head all the way to the side for as long as possible to again stretch the muscles and release the spasm.  Then to the other side as well.   This can be painfull but after weeks of doing it I did feel better.
    Good luck and do not think constant resting the area and moving as little as
    possible is the answer...IT IS NOT.  I LEARNED THE HARD WAY! 
    Hope your feeling better soon!   Rutley

6. Russ Fye profile image59
    Russ Fyeposted 5 years ago

Go to your health store and buy some Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar "with the Mother".  Soak a cloth in this and wrap it around your neck.  Do this in the morning and before bed, for about an hour each time.  After a couple of days, your neck pain will disappear. 

Peace smile 

P.S.  Drinking 2 Tbs. of Bragg's ACV in a cup of water each morning is a great way to start your day.  It has many benefits and helps the body balance its PH level.

7. Arc4life profile image78
    Arc4lifeposted 4 years ago

Forward Head Posture is not something that develops overnight. It takes years and years, and it can be the cause of neck pain. What are some ways to work on this posture without using medication? read more

working