jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are best ways to relieve earache in a child?

1. Diffugere_nives profile image65
    Diffugere_nivesposted 7 years ago

What are best ways to relieve earache in a child?

My daughter has a terrible earache at the moment we have been to the doctor and she is on antibiotics but pain relief isn't working out too well and could really do with some ideas to ease the pain for her, thanks

2. stwcar profile image67
    stwcarposted 7 years ago

Try Calpol, i believe you can give this as well as antibiotics

3. smcopywrite profile image27
    smcopywriteposted 6 years ago

take the child in to the pediatrician or call and ask for a numbing medication by rx. there are drops that can numb the ear while you are waiting for the antibiotics to do their thing. simply put the drops in the ear and the ear will be numb for several hours per application

4. Silver Poet profile image74
    Silver Poetposted 6 years ago

I'm no doctor, but I've heard clove oil is a good natural remedy.

5. artist101 profile image69
    artist101posted 5 years ago

Sweet Oil can be used, sold at most pharmacies, in with peroxide, and rubbing alcohol. This remedy must be warmed first, before putting in the ear, as putting anything in cold will make the earache worse. Place the bottle in a hot cup of water, until oil is of desired temperature, test on your arm, much like you do for a bottle. Should be warm, not hot, before placing in the ear. Place two to three drops of oil in effected ear. Give ibuprofen as needed, for pain. Warm compress, or heating pad may also be used. There are other prevention, and remedies in my article on cold and allergy. http://is-it-a-cold-or-allergy hope this helps.