jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What item did you lose years ago that you miss to this day?

1. Ciel Clark profile image74
    Ciel Clarkposted 5 years ago

What item did you lose years ago that you miss to this day?

2. Deepak Chaturvedi profile image71
    Deepak Chaturvediposted 5 years ago

My ring of  emerald was  lost years ago, it was so dear  to me  to loss.which I still miss.

3. tigerbaby777 profile image84
    tigerbaby777posted 5 years ago

A letter my Grandpa wrote to me on my 18th birthday.  It was the only letter he ever wrote to a grandchild, that I know of.

He told me he loved me and how proud he was of me.

It will always be in my heart and mind but I would still love to find the real letter.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

First off, I didn't lose it. They were stolen and I regret ever meeting that person for more reasons. Second, I've tried buying them back but the store that sold them closed and I can't find them anywhere. Not amazon, not ebay, not google, etc.
    The matching shot glasses I purchased on my European trip in Oxford, England. They were a gorgeous blue with the shields of the Oxford schools all around them with the "Why Study?" enscription on the sides... So beautiful and full of wily wisdom...
    These were taken along with my entire shot glass collection, my spoon collection (both of these collections from every state and country I have visited), some clothes, my amathyst rocks, and the glass skulls I like to have positioned on my desk...

5. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

I lost my wedding ring, it was a plain gold band, nothing fancy or expensive, but I wore it every day of my life, it was like part of me. The new ring I got to replace it just isn't the same.

6. itakins profile image85
    itakinsposted 5 years ago

Yes, every piece of sheet music for piano I owned from 7 years of age  to 20 years! literally from 'Teaching little fingers to play' to Chopin nocturnes .Perhaps the most upsetting aspect was - my old Austrian piano teacher  had given me all her wonderful sheet music, some dating back to the 1920s ,which she had been given as a young teacher. A friend ,who was feeling a bit down, asked me if she could borrow a sheet of music - I suggested she  should take them all as I didn't want them to become separated..........famous last words and the rock on which I perished!
    I fantasise about meeting that folder again -regularly.
    Great question.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

We've moved a lot and I had a box or maybe a trunk of things from my parents, little knick knacks etc.  Somewhere along the moves the box disappeared and have no idea where.  I would love to have some of those little things now to remind me of my mom.