jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are you spending a lot less time in the sun than you did ten years ago?

1. GoodLady profile image93
    GoodLadyposted 5 years ago

Are you spending a lot less time in the sun than you did ten years ago?

Do you find the sun damages your skin more than it did several years ago?  Do you wear more sun protection than you did before?  Do you go into the sun less?  Do you still go to the beach as much as you used to?

2. joannezachary profile image55
    joannezacharyposted 5 years ago

Yes, because due to global warming the radiations are very dangerous for your skin and also it has been proven that sun exposure accelerates the aging of your skin. I still like to go to the beach but i go very early in the morning and don't stay more that 2 hours or in the afternoon until the sun goes down and doesn't have enough power to damage your skin.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Absolutely. I find myself spending the majority of my time indoors working, writing, etc. I suppose I need to get out more.

4. ThePracticalMommy profile image95
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

I used to spend hours in the sun, near the pool, all by myself.... Now that I'm older, I burn faster, so yes I do use sunscreen on myself and my kids. I wish we could get to the beach more often, but it's too expensive for us right now to stay there (we're about 3 hours away).

5. CyclingFitness profile image94
    CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago

I would say I actually spend more time in the Sun now
    With warnings for spending time in the sun has come an increased knowledge of suncare. I now wear a lot higher sun factor

6. yeagerinvestments profile image86
    yeagerinvestmentsposted 5 years ago

I spend less time in the sun but because my wife had some pre-cancerous areas on her skin that were removed which gave us both a little scare. I am definitely more cautious, plus I'm not a big fan of the heat.

7. Bethaleg profile image68
    Bethalegposted 5 years ago

Yes, but the reason is simple. 10 years ago I was in high school, and although I had a job, I still spent a lot of time with my friends, which included trips to the lake, etc. Now, I have three kids and although they get outside quite a bit, I usually have too much to do inside to follow them out. My kids and I don't burn, just tan, and I admit I am slow to remember sunscreen.

working