jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

How did you meet the love of your life?

1. annaglomesh profile image61
    annaglomeshposted 5 years ago

How did you meet the love of your life?

Looking for the most unusual or romantic way people have got together.

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 5 years ago

I met my husband playing free poker on Myspace. They had a chat function, and over time we built up a group of people with whom he and I both played regularly. Out of that group, I have two very good friends that I talk to on a regular basis, and I have the man who became my husband, best friend, and father of my children. After we'd known each other about eight months he moved thousands of miles to be with me, and we married not long after. Our second child together was just born yesterday, and I couldn't imagine a better person with whom to share my life smile.

3. hair bender profile image68
    hair benderposted 5 years ago

My husband and I met for the first time in 1974 at a Bible Study.  I was babysitting the children of the adults down in the basement when HE walked in.  We were only 13 and 14 at the time.  We went "steady" for about a year until my father's job moved us away.  We lost touch over the years but he looked me up on classmates.com 10 years ago and we reconnected.  It was like no time had ever passed.  We celebrated 9 years of marital bliss this month.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image97
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 5 years ago

Believe it or not, I met the love of my life in a nightclub.  Friends of ours were there and introduced us to each other...the rest, as they say, is history.  That was 25 wonderful years ago!

5. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 5 years ago

When it comes to how did I meet the love of my life, I would have to tell about 20, or even 30, different stories.

You see, I am what is often described as a hopeless romantic -- or perhaps I am just fickle -- so over the years, I have met quite a number of the "loves of my life."

annaglomeshposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Absolutley ... no limits to love, just good stories. smile

6. TheRightWord profile image83
    TheRightWordposted 5 years ago

I was broke and saving up some $$ so I could go in to see "that cute guy" at a local store. We knew each other a few years and even flirted a bit, but I wasn't sure he was single and didn't dare ask. One boring evening I joined a dating site. The first gentleman who sent me a message caught my attention. We "talked" online for a few weeks. I wouldn't give him any contact info because we live in a small town. In one message he said something about working in our town. Later he said "my store"... Imagine my excitement when I figured out he was "that cute guy". We knew each other in real life, but it took "meeting" online get us together. Been inseparable since our first date! Turns out he had a crush on me too smile

love these stories..

7. Alyssa Nichol profile image96
    Alyssa Nicholposted 5 years ago

I like this question.  Everyone has a different story. smile  I actually met my husband through his brother.  We had gone to school and graduated together.  The boyfriend I had at the time was living with my husband's brother and I moved in as well.  I got to know him and we became good friends.  The relationship I had with my then boyfriend was not a good one and we broke things off, I moved out, and stayed friends with my now husband and his brother. smile

8. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

I ran a BBS site where I fell in love with my member who is my wife now.

I was verifying her identity and got into a conversation which led to going out.

Within 3 weeks, we got married. It is like love at first sight when I met her at her house.

3 weeks ...wow...smile

2. edhan profile image61
      edhanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yup! When the right one comes your way, no need to waste time and tied the knot!

9. annaglomesh profile image61
    annaglomeshposted 5 years ago

Can I answer my own question? ... my story is... When I was 16 I was madly in love with the singer in a band who were well known in Australia in the 1980's. They had a big hit with a song called 'One Perfect Day' which has become an iconic love song at home. I used to go and watch them play and gaze at him on stage. I never spoke to him. By chance he then moved into my street with his equally gorgeous partner. I would walk up and down past his house with a girlfriend on the off chance we would see him walk in or out of his home. I would nearly trip over on the pavement when I did. One again I never tried speaking to him as I was just a girl. He soon moved out and although I saw him here and there, the band became more famous and headed overseas and then a few years later broke up. That was the last I heard of him, but I kept my records and photos and my memories.
    Thirty years later ( 2010 ) I was on Facebook and saw his name on another friends page and wondered if it was him..sure enough it was. He had led an incredibly interesting life since the 80's, gone off to Asia and studied meditation, become a meditation trainer, travelled, written three books, painted ... whereas I had been a Parole officer and then an Embalmer so had been around sadness, grief, and suffering for most of my adult life. I had been attempting to learn to meditate for a while as a result,  so I asked him a few questions about his meditation teachings. He was in Thailand at that time, but answered all my questions diligently and was very helpful. There was no romantic connotations anywhere between us, although he found it funny that we had lived in the same street etc..Months later he was in Australia seeing his family and asked me if I wanted to meet and have coffee. We were both single so I thought why not? I was beside myself ...firstly never gone to meet a stranger before, and even though it wasn't a date as such it was still a bit nerve wracking. As I ran down the street due to being late (never find a car park when you need one) I felt a feeling like this was the beginning of something new. I saw him waiting across the road ... I waved ... he smiled, waved and ran over to meet me. I gave him a hug and said "Hi, lovely to meet you" and he just looked at me. To this day he says he knew then and there. We have been together ever since and now I am travelling around Asia with him too!.

1. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Men at Work...Little River Band perhaps?

2. annaglomesh profile image61

Little Heroes.. they didn't get to USA

10. Super Lux profile image60
    Super Luxposted 5 years ago

we were office mates for almost a year but kept on ignoring each other, like we don't exist in each other's world. until our supervisor assigned our stations and we ended up sitting besides each other. the rest as they say, is history. smile

1. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's amazing how many people hook up at work. Little wonder why 80% of all acts of infidelity happen with someone at work. Not to say this is what happened to you, but in general, it is very common for work mates to become bed mates.

11. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

I had just returned to Florida after living out of state for some years. I began work at a new elementary school and one day a coworker became 'the love of my life.' He is a totally remarkable individual who marches to the beat of his own drum and that is part of what makes him special.
    We are not together as a personal family issue caused me to have to move away but we are still kindred spirits and we do keep in touch.
    He made me believe in me!!!