How do I remember buried memories?

1. peeples profile image96
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

How do I remember buried memories?

I was abused as a child and along the way have forgotten most of my life. I remember only the things I had to repeat over and over for police, therapist, and groups I have spoken for. How do I get back all my memories or at least more than I have now? I even buried time after I was removed when I was in foster care. I remember very little before I was 19. What can I do?

2. mio cid profile image47
    mio cidposted 5 years ago

some things that usually bring back memories are songs or music, I would just give myself some time for relaxing , listening to maybe an old hit radio station,also scents and aromas, maybe just taking walks in cities, park, and suburbs ,and also start writing the story of your life where you start writing down individual moments and events you remember and more pieces of the puzzle start to pop up.

3. Eugene Hardy profile image59
    Eugene Hardyposted 5 years ago

A good way to uncover memory is to pay closer attention to your dreams, to write them down and attune yourself to knowing whether or not you are experiencing the truth or a mix of true experiences and your fears.

Even better would be guided dreams and imagery, where someone experienced can guide you through while you are in a trance like state of mind or dreaming.

You can also try hypnosis.

I hope this helps.

working