jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If you could live your life over, knowing what you do now, would you?

1. Karen Hellier profile image93
    Karen Hellierposted 5 years ago

If you could live your life over, knowing what you do now, would you?

Why or why not?

2. Grace D. profile image60
    Grace D.posted 5 years ago

You know, I really don't think I would. I have made some poor choices, experienced heart break, and barely made it through a stormy season in my life. It is all of those struggles that have lead me to where I am today, which is the best I have been thus far. If I were to go back and change some of the negative then the positive that resulted from it would also disappear. So I will keep my battle scars because they make me who I am, help me not to go backward, and inspire me to push foward. Great question.

3. skinsman82000 profile image86
    skinsman82000posted 5 years ago

This is a great question that I bring up to people/myself from time to time...and a tough one.  It's easy to say of course I would, things would be so much better.  I wouldn't make the same mistakes that I did in the past, but I just don't think it works that way. 

It's sort of a contradiction, not to mention a problem with the space-time continuum ;-)  Honestly, the only reason you're the person you are right now is because of the mistakes you've made in your past.  It's hard to appreciate the sun without the rain.  I hope that wasn't total nonsense.

4. sandrabusby profile image84
    sandrabusbyposted 5 years ago

Not me, I'm too curious about what comes next.

5. lovesherise profile image58
    lovesheriseposted 5 years ago

What a wonderful question. I would not make any changes to this/ my life. There is no need to fix what's not broken! Each life is unique in it's own way for it's own purpose.