jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

Could you live a life of giving without anyone ever knowing about your giving?

1. Jangaplanet profile image76
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

Could you live a life of giving without anyone ever knowing about your giving?

2. Debby Bruck profile image74
    Debby Bruckposted 7 years ago

There have been people who have done just this. Even after their death, they have provided for loved ones, including strangers, in their will and that's when people found out they were supporting and providing care.

3. ahorseback profile image76
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Yes , as many millions already do , by donating their time and resourses in quiet  ways, giving time , food, money or of themselves every day. I know a man in his seventies who  does everything in the Lions Clubfrom playing Santa claus to delivering food baskets , rides to veterans hospitals , Hes been doing this for at least forty years that I know of.. These men and women are the truest heros of life.

4. joshhunt83 profile image60
    joshhunt83posted 7 years ago

I would like to think so. People that give but want everyone to know about it aren't really giving at all.

5. Str8up Hookups profile image40
    Str8up Hookupsposted 7 years ago

Easily,and to be honest iit's sometimes best to keep it anonymous.

It's often that other charities solicit from large contributors and small contributors alike.Mailing list of Board Directors,Presidents,VP's and shareholder list are very accessible to charities.

So as to avoid unwanted solicitations anonymity maybe be best.

6. profile image0
    Gigi Thibodeauposted 7 years ago

I think this is a great question.  Honestly, I don't think so.  There are some things I give and do for others anonymously, and there's a deep joy to be found in that, but I know that sometimes I really do want others to know that I am giving to them so that they will know how much I value and care about them.

7. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I would like to believe I could, it is a lovely ideal.

8. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i do already. i don't advertise what i do to help others though i do try to get others to do simple things to help people everyday. my life is private in the way i give to others but the results can be seen by many.

9. ChristineVianello profile image61
    ChristineVianelloposted 7 years ago

I feel I do that already, which is ok by me. I know and God knows and he is the only one that matters.

10. Eric Prado profile image75
    Eric Pradoposted 7 years ago

I would. Definitely. If you give for the sake of getting something in return, the entire act is void of meaning and is in deed selfish. I would give for the sake of giving for a better tomorrow.

11. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Yes, that IS the point.......that we not call attention to our gifts, lest, they become scores.

12. Dawn Conklin profile image60
    Dawn Conklinposted 7 years ago

Yes I do all the time.  I have many ways that I help people, some people know (when they ask for my assistance or training, I help everyone that has questions for me.)  I have helped my blog readers and many others start online careers.
    But I also do a lot that people do not know about.  I donate a lot of different ways and as long as I know I do it, I am quite content with that.  I am just a helping person by nature.

13. profile image0
    Go Writerposted 7 years ago

Yes. I'd have to start doing it that way first.

14. saanj H profile image75
    saanj Hposted 7 years ago

Hi

Yes why not. If you can contribute a bit to the society, its not wrong. Most of us run  in the rat race of our white and blue collar jobs. We owe something to the society at large too. Moreover, when you do something for others out of your own will then there is absolutely no necessity of a propagandizing about your deeds. Just do your part without being noticed.

working