jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are there any supplements or minerals people can take to help prevent heart atta

1. oceansnsunsets profile image88
    oceansnsunsetsposted 6 years ago

Are there any supplements or minerals people can take to help prevent heart attacks?

If so, can you share what they are?

2. Damiendarby profile image61
    Damiendarbyposted 6 years ago

I'm sure there are plenty that are sold as though they can. Personally I feel that a healthy exercise regimen complimented by a heart healthy diet, low sugar/sodium, low saturated fats, and devoid of packaged corporate goods should do the trick. Remember the good old rainbow of vegetables every day! lol

If there are genetic things going on then only doctors and licensed cardiovascular experts should answer this question.

3. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

The omega-3's of flax seed help to control blood pressure, and the fish oil source of omega-3 is good for cardio function. Still, following a low-fat diet, esp. avoiding trans-fat, not smoking and exercising regularly are the keys to heart health.

4. artist101 profile image67
    artist101posted 5 years ago

Co q 10, and l carnatine, go hand in hand in prevention and treatment, as well as the omega 3 fatty acids. My favorite is krill oil, it contains all of the fatty acids, in a balanced formula, is smaller, and no fishy burps. http://artist101.hubpages.com/hub/Heart … irculation
    Magnesium is healing to the body, and the b-complex vitamins work together, to help with stress, and lower homocysteine levels, which is a chemical in the body linked to heart attack.
    Other recommendations include, watching your weight, cut down on bad fats, eat more vegetables, and increase exercise, as tolerated.

working