What is the best herbal tea available for purchase?

1. oceansnsunsets profile image88
    oceansnsunsetsposted 6 years ago

What is the best herbal tea available for purchase?

For those that know herbal teas, what is the best herbal tea on the market?  I have tried Celestial Seasonings, Tazo Teas, Lipton varieties, and more.  What are your favorites and why?

2. m0rd0r profile image72
    m0rd0rposted 6 years ago

Well, if you mean pre-packaged tea bags, your choice will be limited by whatever the brand you like is selling.

If your goal is more energy:

From the Black-teas, my best suggestion is Earl-gray.

All green tea brands will be okay.

Red teas - stick with Lipton ones. They are okay.

I don't know if your favorite brands offer St. John's wort, but it is so far, the best brain tonic I know after the black-green-red teas.

If your goal is better health:

Thyme, Chamomile and/or lime - cures cough.

Rose hip - very high on vitamin C.

Valeriana (either from roots or fortified with roots) - Very good to promote long good sleeping.

Lots of others will be beneficial, but I can't suggest good brands accessible world wide - I can talk only about Bulgarian, and most of them are not in tea bags - Just natural crushed dry herbs. (The best kind, actually)

3. connieow profile image78
    connieowposted 6 years ago

It really depends more on the purpose. But my favorite is organic, by the bulk from Mountain Rose Herbs. I became an affiliate because their herbs are the best on the market.

I buy from companies that support renewable resources, fair trade, sustainability, and environmental care. The majority do not support all in one place, maybe one or the other.

Have tried the ones you mentioned and go back to MRH for the cost, taste, and purity.

Thank you.

working