jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you stop your armpits from sweating?

1. InfoFinder profile image71
    InfoFinderposted 5 years ago

How do you stop your armpits from sweating?

It can be embarrassing when your shirts are always wet from sweating. Does anyone know of the best ways to help your armpits stay dry, and not always sweat?

2. tom_caton profile image80
    tom_catonposted 5 years ago

shave them...

if you need to of course...

3. cloverleaffarm profile image65
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

I understand your pain. However, you are suppose to sweat. It is your bodies way of shedding toxins. Shaving doesn't do anything but get rid of hairs. I shaved for years, to no avail. Now, I don't bother.
    You could try using natural dusting powders along with an antiperspirant. It is the antiperspirant that helps stop perspiring, not the deodorant. The dusting powders would absorb some of the sweat. They are easy to make at home.
    If you are having a real bad problem with sweating, I would see your doctor.

4. fitmom profile image83
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

It is natural to sweat. Excessive sweating can be a sign of a thyroid problem. Excessive sweating is no fun. I've experienced it and it can be very embarrassing. One thing I learned is that if you use an antiperspirant, it will initially seem to help. But, it actually blocks your pores and your body will start producing more sweat.

You're better off using something without antiperspirant in it. I use a natural deodorant myself. You might have to apply it more often. But, it is healthier for you.

5. timorous profile image84
    timorousposted 5 years ago

Sometimes the material that the shirt is made from (synthetics like nylon, rayon, and to a lesser extent, polyester) can cause your body to retain the heat, causing more perspiration. Whereas a natural material like cotton will 'breathe' better, allowing at least the potential to keep you drier.
    It also depends on your level of activity, the ambient temperature and humidity.

working