Kundalini Gifts

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Shealy Healy profile image59
    Shealy Healyposted 14 years ago

Does Kundalini increase intuitive insight? Practicing Kundaling-does it increase personal attraction?

1. LiamBean profile image80
      LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I practiced it a lot of years ago. I don't think it gave me any particular intuitive insight. The whole point (at least according to the yoga-master) was to become vividly & consciously aware.

Of all the forms of yoga out there I think Kundalini is the most intense. I am seeing that "hot yoga" is trendy now, but we never practiced unless we were working in a hot, nearly stifling room.

On the physical side, It gave me a great deal of flexibility and I practice some of the moves I learned to this very day. It's great for joint and back pain and keeps me somewhat thin and limber.

2. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Does it increase personal attraction? hmm

Surely a good shower would do that after a hot workout? 
      Or
      Are you asking if it would help ugly people?
      If so; Where can I sign up?
      And Do you Guarrantee a girlfriend? hmm
      (Even an ugly one?)

3. santhip profile image61
      santhipposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kundalini makes your consciousness turns inwards ... which may or may not induce other side effects... I havn't heard anyone raising their kundalini to increase personal attraction.. People raise it to realize god, forget attracting others..

2. rancidTaste profile image63
    rancidTasteposted 14 years ago

I don't know the exact answer. Someone says it has good effect but other says it has no effect.

3. C.V.Rajan profile image58
    C.V.Rajanposted 14 years ago

Most yoga practices originating in India have one ideal -- to attain union with God/ realize God / realize your Atman / attain liberation. Any side effects you get are secondary and are to be treated as insignificant when compared to the original goal.

Kundalini yoga practices are to be done with extreme caution only under the guidance of a truly experienced Guru, not otherwise.

Some great spiritual masters like Ramakrishna Paramahamsa (who himself had practiced this yoga and had attained the goal through this method) does not really recommend this path.

4. Shealy Healy profile image59

Interesting replies-I have been working with Kundalini for twenty-some years. Spirit has been the absolute gift. I would like to see the practice become more wide spread. Yes, it is necessary to work with experienced practitioners. But, I would be lovely to see spirit grow stronger in this world.

1. santhip profile image61

I would suggest that you take the guidance of an accomplished kundalini master, who has travelled the entire journey, if it is the truth you seek..

I am a student of a kundalini guru.. GuruSwamiG.. She knows what kundalini is about .. unlike a certified instructor who knows only what is taught..

5. sannyasinman profile image61
    sannyasinmanposted 14 years ago

To attempt to answer your question, I would imagine that the more proficient you are at Kundalini meditation, the more that you raise your consciousness. When you raise your level of consciousness, and therefore your level of vibration, you will attract and be attracted to others who vibrate as you do.

Therefore, you will be less attractive to "others" unless they too have an expanded consciousness  - it is the old pyramid. The more you rise to the top, the less people there are like you. It is the age old problem of the spiritual seeker. Plus, in my experience, many seekers (male and female) are celibate!

6. edguider profile image65
    edguiderposted 14 years ago

Thanks for the comment Shealy Healy and be sure that I will surely look into it smile

7. Shealy Healy profile image59

After a good practice of energy awakening I seem to have the additional ability to see sparks and shadows of light-here and there. All yoga seems to clear the mind and eyes simply due to the intense oxygen uplifted into the blood stream. However, after a real practice of the golden energy of Kundalini-there really does seem to be an uplift in senses that are not usually experienced.

Sparks and shadows donot add any value to the journey.. but are just sign posts to go further within..

8. Shealy Healy profile image59

I just have to share-I just completed teaching a weekend of Kina Nima-similar to Kundalini awakening. I want to share that several individuals came into the event with a stern look on their faces as if life was too hard to manage. After a two day workshop-they were happy. It was easy to see the change. The gifts are intuition, aura seeing, emotional opening...

But, most of all-these people seemed to be released in some way.

Release. If you ask me-release is a great gift.

True.. Releasing emotions and attachements is indeed a true gift.. glad that you have been a medium for that for them..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)