jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How do you know when you are successful?

1. Caitlin Pyle profile image82
    Caitlin Pyleposted 6 years ago

How do you know when you are successful?

2. kapeedranos profile image42
    kapeedranosposted 6 years ago

first thing success is not a fixed destination...so there no question of knowing it..it just about feeling it...in the way one love to have it..and just see a successful man or women develops further craziness for success and he is very polite and humble..so once your assessment is that your are polite and humble and yet you reach to a higher goal then i think that there has been some success ...just remember one should not be proud...because pride goes before fall

3. hender profile image36
    henderposted 6 years ago

On a different tangent from the one kapeedranos took, many people use their money as a sign of success.  I would suggest if that's the route you're taking, to choose reasonable goals that you can achieve in short terms.  Let's say you set yearly targets for savings, and you can continue to meet them, then you have been successful.  Some people choose arbitrary amounts like being a millionaire, or having a house valued at a certain price.

I'd like to opine that you can feel successful at minimum wage, as long as your wage affords you to fulfill your interests and goals that you've set.  People have their own gauges, and half the battle is figuring out what yours are.

4. lovetrees profile image60
    lovetreesposted 6 years ago

I would say it is when you have reached or surpassed your goals smile

5. jaswinder64 profile image60
    jaswinder64posted 6 years ago

When you are satisfied, then you are successful. Success has different meanings  to different people.

6. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 6 years ago

when you walk into a shop and look at the product ... not the price tag.

7. Caitlin Pyle profile image82
    Caitlin Pyleposted 6 years ago

I think the American way is to equate money with success, but I am making less money now than I have in years but I am so much happier to be doing what I love every day, living life to the fullest. I think if you can wake up excited for every new day, give thanks to God for everything, and fall into bed exhausted at the end of the day knowing you wouldn't have done anything differently, that was a successful day!

working