jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How long does it take to be successful on HubPages?

1. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 5 years ago

How long does it take to be successful on HubPages?

Assuming you are an active member, fairly new to the site and are publishing hubs frequently. How long might it take until you 'make it big'?

2. waynet profile image72
    waynetposted 5 years ago

You never make it big really....it's one of a collection of things that make up your online income or at least that's how I've found it!

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

How are you defining "be successful" or "make it big?"  For many people, those questions are going to have different answers depending on what goals they've set for themselves here.  And as each person writes on different topics, using different levels of skill, time devoted, etc, how long it's going to take them to achieve their goals is going to vary from person to person as well.

4. iefox5 profile image56
    iefox5posted 5 years ago

You should set your definition of 'successful' and then work for the goal.

5. afriqnet profile image49
    afriqnetposted 5 years ago

In my experience to be successful in HubPages is relative and it depends with the way you are writing the Hubs.I would however suggest that to see meaningful success you need 6 -12 months.

6. sherrituck profile image87
    sherrituckposted 5 years ago

I am new to Hub Pages.  In fact, this is my first week. I am trying not to be to obsessive over the numbers, but I'm finding it difficult not to think about hub scores and other metrics.  I agree that it is important to set goals. Right now, my goal is to concentrate on becoming a better writer and to become familiar with the hub environment.

7. zsobig profile image85
    zsobigposted 5 years ago

I guess it takes years... and LOADS, yes literally loads of efforts and work. At least if you mean to make a smaller living from writing here.
    Still, this depends on the person we are talking about and the amount of effort they are willing to make.
    I think it is the best if you set a goal for yourself and try everything to achieve it here.
    At this moment my goal is to write 50 hubs altogether (3 to go smile) and then to get involved in the apprenticeship program. I hope I will be able to achieve these goals.

8. Stephen Govoni profile image61
    Stephen Govoniposted 5 years ago

I am new to hubpages as well.  I'm at the start of the 30day challenge and started a hub to show the impact on my hubpages career.  Maybe it will be helpful in determining an answer!  If you have fun doing it, I suppose it doesn't matter.  Good luck!

9. DreamyJadedChick profile image61
    DreamyJadedChickposted 5 years ago

I'm still fairly new myself, so I haven't "made it big". I'm 8 weeks in and I have a handful of followers and I've earned a few dollars. Most importantly people are reading my hubs. I'm happy that I've gotten traffic and comments. The more time I put into the better I do.

working