Right sided pain, suggestions for relief?

1. Xonica profile image80
    Xonicaposted 6 years ago

Right sided pain, suggestions for relief?

I've suffered from right sided pain for a number of years now, it's not gall bladder issues, I've had a bazillion tests including an MRI. This pain is worse at night and for years I haven't been able to get more than 4 hours sleep because if it.Would love some suggestions. The pain goes from under my right rib acros my upper mid back down to my lower back and pelvis  ( feels like bad bad period pain ladies ).

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Have you thought about having a knowledgable massage therapist give you a massage?  My daughter had similar problems and her psoas muscle was her problem.  Very painful and at times very much like cramping or ovulation pain and can affect the area you are describing.

Amazon has a variety of books on the psoas muscle.  See what you think, can't hurt and may help.

3. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 6 years ago

I know you said that you had an MRI. however was it for the spine or the abdomenal area? It sounds like a spinal\neurological problem. Have you tried sleeping on a flattened surface, such as placing a board under the mattress or sleeping area, or sleeping on the floor. Sometimes this seems to help me. I too have trouble sleeping due to spinal operation and traffic accident where my neck was injured. If it is not a kidney stone, which I have had three and know what a reasonable comparison to birth pains must be like, I wonder if it could be something that a chiropractor might help you with.My daughter did not have appendicitis symptoms but had an infected appendix. She also showed little symptoms of gall bladder infection, yet it was very much in need of removing.  Hope you are better soon.You have my sympathies.

working