jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think American food may contribute to the high incidence of cancer?

1. alexadry profile image97
    alexadryposted 5 years ago

Do you think American food may contribute to the high incidence of cancer?

There seems to be  a high incidence of cancer in the United States compared to European countries, I am blaming BBQ's, food coloring, fluoride in the water and the high consumption of meat and high use of microwaves. What are your thoughts?

2. profile image0
    Jesshubpagesposted 5 years ago

The Standard American Diet usually consists of a myriad of processed carbs (cereals, breads, pasta, cookies, cakes etc.), processed meat products, and a few fruits and veggies. What you eat is the foundation of your health – so what is in this diet?

This diet is high in many things, most of which your body doesn't really need.  It is full of hydrogenated oil, high fructose corn syrup, phytic acid, acrylamide, sodium nitrate, monosodium glutamate (MSG) and lacking in basic essentials such as vitamins, minerals.

Hydrogenated oil causes a host of problems.  It contributes to cancer, heart disease and obesity.  A recent study showed that monkey fed these oils gained a significant amount of fat around the abdomen, even though they were not fed in such excess as to warrant fat gain.  This is bad!  Fat gain without consuming extra calories, and around the worst place on the body to gain it too, is one of the worst things for your health.  We also know that trans fat boosts women's infertility by 70%, if you consume it for 2% of your total calories.  For someone on a 2000 calories a day diet, that is only about 4 grams of fat.  And 4 grams of fat is not a lot!  You could get that much in one donut, or a small serving of fries.

High fructose corn syrup raises blood sugar levels quickly.  There are links to the consumption of high fructose corn syrup to type II diabetes and heart disease.  It provides no nutritional value, and is the ubiquitous sweetener for foods that are known as "empty calories."

Phytic acid has been proven to be an "anti-nutrient."  It is in all grains, nuts and seeds that have not been soaked and dried first.  If you are eating boxes of food that are grain based, not only are you eating something that has no nutrition, you are also eating something that will readily take nutrients from you.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/022331.html#ixzz1rMvsmzxJ

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

the growth hormones, flavor enhancers etc, i would bet anything are not only causing more cancer but also birth defects and other illnesses.the chemicals we use to grow vegetables are also a big part of the health problems now becoming common.

4. Unleashed Freedom profile image61
    Unleashed Freedomposted 5 years ago

Pizza has been considered a vegetable by the U.S congress...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree … ss-says-so

need i say more?

Also, i remember reading that Japanese women have much lower cases of breast cancer than American women, but Japanese women who migrate to America have nearly the same rate of cancer as American women.As of now , i cannot find that article, but to summaries it in brief - a lot more milk is consumed by Americans ( also meat ) than by the Japanese. this was found to be one of the main causes of cancer.

working