How do you know if it's Depression?

1. CassyLu1981 profile image83
    CassyLu1981posted 5 years ago

How do you know if it's Depression?

With everything that has changed in my life the past several months (almost a year) I'm finding it really hard to get back to the "normal" I used to be.  I want the old me back.  How do I know if it's depression or if I just need to kick myself in the butt to make it better???

2. ALUR profile image64
    ALURposted 5 years ago

I have danced with depression most of my life: both situational and chemical. You know you are depressed when it's consistent and there is a lackluster of hope in a day. I write about it in Zoloft Nation. One of my release strategies is writing, but it's a daily challenge.

3. Deborah Brooks profile image78
    Deborah Brooksposted 5 years ago

I think we all have a tendency to get depressed.. some are worse than others. Life can make you very depressed. I had gotten to the point where I did not want to get out of bed and I wanted to die... I had to go to the doctor and get help it got so bad.. So if you need to go get help don't be embarrassed. I found walking lots of exercise and listening to all positive and  motivating cd's you can.. Get away from all negative things and people.
    Happy Easter