jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What's the natural home remedy for hair split ends?

1. unknown spy profile image74
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

What's the natural home remedy for hair split ends?

After going thru rebond, I noticed that my hair starting to have split-ends!!! Help please..

2. hinazille profile image82
    hinazilleposted 5 years ago

castor oil is going to work real well - it increases shine, decreases breakages, improves on strength & helps you grow longer, thicker hair...apply it three times a week for atleast a few hours at a time (overnight would be better) and then wash it out in the morning...doing this for a month or so should show you some very noticeable, visible results.

Hope this helps!

PS - You can also check out my hub on this exact topic...

3. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 5 years ago

A trim is the answer for split ends - if you do not want to get it trimmed - a good conditioner that you leave in the hair for several minutes before rinsing.  They do sell those packaged treatments for a once a week application mostly every drug store carries them.  In a beauty supply store such as Sally's - you could ask about giving yourself a Cholesterol treatment - this is a deep conditioning process that helps everything from the root, hair shaft and ends.

4. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

I've personally never tried it, but I've heard it works. Melt some coconut oil and massage it into your hair, sort of like a masque. Wash it out really well in the shower after 15 mins or so, and your hair will look and feel fantastic!

5. vechiclereg profile image52
    vechicleregposted 5 years ago

Trim them off, its the only way to properly sort it out, hair is made up of 3 layers and the outside layer is scaly, once the scaly cuticle layer is damaged it splits, you can smooth it again with serums and oils but its only temporary and it will split again higher up your hair if its not removed with sharp scissors, trimming the ends seals it and keeps the layers together and moisture in to make the hair healthy again.