jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Does any one else have synesthesia?

1. thesensei1 profile image61
    thesensei1posted 5 years ago

Does any one else have synesthesia?

More specifically light/motion to sound synesthesia. I can hear bright lights and certain movements. All synnies are welcome, but is there anyone else like me?

2. Nell Rose profile image93
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

Yep I do! Not light/motion, in fact I had to go and look that one up. There are so many different types of synesthesia, in fact they also call it ideasthesia. I have color synesthesia. In other words I see color when I read a word. For example, my name is nell, so thats blue. My real name is Melanie which is red and black. Monday is a light blue, Tuesday yellow, Wednesday green, W is always green! Thursday grey, Friday red, Saturday Orange, Sunday dark Green! Phew! lol! The funny thing is that n is always blue, w is green, s is red. Other letters and words can change all depending on the word or the dominant letter. Saying that, I do 'see' colors when listening to music too. Certain Notes of music, or a particular lovely voice will come across as a color. A sweet voice is usually blue, a deep singing voice is usually black or fuzzy black. The funny thing is that my brother is the same! We never spoke about it because we thought it was normal! lol! strange eh? I must admit that I have never heard of your synesthesia though, now I have just read about it, and its fascinating too, maybe write a hub and let us know?

1. thesensei1 profile image61
      thesensei1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

My synesthesia is genetic. my grandfather sees color while listening to certain types of music and words. By the way, my Wednesday is green also!

2. Nell Rose profile image93
      Nell Roseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow! funny how Wednesday is green!

working