jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What Are The Best Ways To Cure A Sore Throat?

1. PhoenixV profile image74
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

What Are The Best Ways To Cure A Sore Throat?

What is the best way to cure a sore throat? What are some natural or home remedies for specifically curing a sore throat?

2. Bonitaanna profile image78
    Bonitaannaposted 5 years ago

You can gargle with half  perioxide and half water solution but DO NOT swallow it, spit it out, also or salt water.  That is whaat my husband and I use.

3. jennzie profile image84
    jennzieposted 5 years ago

I find that drinking a hot cup of tea, such as chamomile, helps ease a sore throat.

4. ptosis profile image75
    ptosisposted 5 years ago

Ginger candy from Chinatown  - tastes great and it works (and cheap!)

5. profile image0
    BethDWposted 5 years ago

Get some oil of oregano from a health food store, put a drop of it on your tongue and hold it in your mouth for as long as you can stand it. It tastes HORRIBLE but it kills all the bacteria, and works like nothing else for cold/sore throat symptoms. My roomate got me to try it once when I had a particularly persistent sore throat, and now I swear by it.

6. harmony155 profile image71
    harmony155posted 5 years ago

Chloraseptic spray isnt a home remedy but it does do wonders for a sore throat.

7. LacretiaHardy profile image60
    LacretiaHardyposted 5 years ago

Take Shaklee's Defend & Resist at the first sign of the "tickle" in your throat.  Or if I happen to be out of that, I take the Garlic Complex and Zinc Complex.  Knocks it right out every time.