jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever tried Chia Seeds?

1. roxanne459 profile image91
    roxanne459posted 5 years ago

Have you ever tried Chia Seeds?

2. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I have not tried these seeds but I have read that they are quite beneficial to your health.  I would love to know how to use them in food dishes.

3. Kris Heeter profile image81
    Kris Heeterposted 5 years ago

Yes, I really enjoy them on salads and in smoothies (and I wrote a hub about the health benefits black and white chia seeds).   If you haven't tried them, I highly recommend them!

4. tillsontitan profile image89
    tillsontitanposted 5 years ago

Yes, I have and to my amazement they grew!  Long ago we had one that wouldn't sprout but I know they've improved since then.

5. rmcleve profile image80
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

Yes! Honestly, I grabbed a little bit out of a bulk container at Sunflower Market and was a little iffy. They reminded me of flax seeds, which have a funky, fishy taste to me.

Chia seeds were totally different and reminded me more of sesame seeds. I tossed a handful into a batch of brownies I made recently and they were really good. It made the brownies a little crispy and crunchy, kind of like a really healthy (minus the brownie portions) Crunch bar. I'll definitely use them again, especially because they are so healthy for you.

working