jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you treat chronic post nasal drip?

1. Crystal Tatum profile image89
    Crystal Tatumposted 5 years ago

How do you treat chronic post nasal drip?

2. Barbara Kay profile image89
    Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago

I finally had to see the doctor for mine. She gave me a prescription for Nasonex. This is a spray you spray into your sinuses.

You may have allergies and need something for those. If you smoke, quitting would help.

3. Docmo profile image93
    Docmoposted 5 years ago

Thee annoying chronic post nasal drip can be treated by nightly dose of Beclometasone ( Beconase) /Fluticasone ( Flixonase)  or Mometasone (  Nasonex) nasal sprays. Just one or two puffs in each nostril will dry up the drip.

It is however worth checking if there are any nasal polyps or a deflected nasal septum as both these conditions can cause a post nasal drip. Steam inhalation, allergen avoidance help.Taking antihistamines also helps if there is a link to dust or pollen allergy.

4. noenhulk profile image73
    noenhulkposted 5 years ago

I am not an expert on any medical condition but I know that chronic post nasal drip is caused by excessive mucus that accumulate in the throat or back of the nose - this is because of allergens. I am a believer of natural healing and I also believe in conventional medicines. You can try decongestants and antibiotics or antihistamines to relieve it. But it cannot really help in the long run due to side effects occurance. The best I can suggest to you is frequent blowing of nose with the help of saline spray and daily practice of relaxation to release stress.
    Long term treatment is necessary to totally get rid of the cause of post nasal drip.