jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

For the best gym workout, do you work certain areas each time or an entire body

1. Leaderofmany profile image61
    Leaderofmanyposted 5 years ago

For the best gym workout,  do you work certain areas each time or an entire body work out?

2. Nomascus concolor profile image59
    Nomascus concolorposted 5 years ago

It depends if you want to gain volume and strength or if you just want to tone up and keep fit or loose weight.

To gain on volume, I would advise splitting your routine in two (upper vs lower body) and work out 4 times a week.

To shape up or just keep fit, I think whole body is good enough. This is less intense for your muscles and allows you to maintain a good health, alternating cardio and weights.

To loose weight, cardio, cardio and more cardio. Running can be quite challenging at first if you have a lot of weight to loose, but other options like kettlebell workouts burn a lot of calories, work your core muscles and are easy to fit in your heavy schedule after a day at work.

So yes, it really depends on your needs, but these are the basics.

3. vims003 profile image45
    vims003posted 5 years ago

i prefer have entire body workout for perfect gym workout.but you should make sure that you are not troubling your body.means you should work out in such a way that the weight you are taking should be in light and in more numbers.this will help you to increase your stamina and reduse unwanted mass.

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Entire body and I switch it up every now and again. If you do the same routine over and over, you are only getting certain parts. Then you'll look funny. It's best to get all of it.

5. Jester98 profile image70
    Jester98posted 5 years ago

Yeah the key is confusion and keeping your body guessing, Our bodies can adapt so fast so you want to vary everything. Sometimes you can focus on a full body workout 2 -3 days a week for a few weeks, then switch it up and do like one body part a day, but work it out real heavy.

Also look for full workout programs. I just wrote about Tapout XT here http://jester98.hubpages.com/hub/Tapout-XT

It offers a lot and I will be giving it a shot in the summer

6. Grant's World profile image86
    Grant's Worldposted 5 years ago

a mixture of both is ideal to keep the body guessing. The harder you make your body work and guess the better results you will get.

7. tirelesstraveler profile image80
    tirelesstravelerposted 5 years ago

Mix it up, Cross training helps with everything. Make sure you don't over work any particular muscle group to avoid injuries. Be sure to get cardio into the mix too.

8. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Years ago when I worked out I would work different muscle groups on alternate days to give my muscles time to recooperate following a workout. This is in reference to weight-lifting exercises.

9. T. R. Brown profile image78
    T. R. Brownposted 5 years ago

I work out my whole body circuit style.  I double up on exercises and move quickly to get cardio as I am working the muscle groups.