jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What causes sudden hearing loss?

1. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

What causes sudden hearing loss?

2. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 5 years ago

There are several dozen causes of hearing loss, some of the most frequent being head trauma, infections, loud noises at, near, or above 145 decibels. If you or someone you love suddenly loses hearing, treat it as a medical emergency. If you are near any sound that is at, near, or above 200 decibels, you will likely die.

3. changchong profile image56
    changchongposted 5 years ago

Hello , you described the symptoms may be  the kidney , the kidney opens into the ear ,  the kidney is not filling in the ear , so there are the symptoms of tinnitus and deafness . Suggestion : If you have hypertension need treatment in a timely manner , then taking Jinkuishenqiwan , pay attention to rest , not drinking , I wish you health !

4. Top Health Spot profile image63
    Top Health Spotposted 5 years ago

I think that tinnitus (chronic ringing in the ears) is a form of sudden hearing loss. This may come from extreme exposure to loud noise, such as attending a nascar race or a concert without using ear plugs. I agree with the other comments about head injuries and ear infections.
    I also wanted to say that people who under go radiation for head, neck and throat cancer suffer sudden hearing loss as well. I know this fact because my sister, unfortunately lost complete hearing in her right ear because of radiation treatment for an extended period of time.....So Sad sad