jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does music help you when you meditate?

1. avorodisa profile image84
    avorodisaposted 5 years ago

Does music help you when you meditate?

Meditation is a great practice of self-help when it comes to stress-relief, thought control and awakening awareness. Many people meditate when they want to relax. Many people listen to the music as it helps to relax in meditation. This can be Indian ragas, classical music or just good music for relaxation. Does music help you when you meditate, and if yes, what kind of music?

2. spellbinderdk profile image59
    spellbinderdkposted 5 years ago

No. I meditate to become enlightened on a subject.
    But if it is just for relaxing and letting Your brain in Neutral, then I like Enigma or Oliver Shanti.

3. Einy51 profile image60
    Einy51posted 5 years ago

I think it's relative. listen to music is also a meditation.

4. Vegas Elias profile image27
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

Real meditation can be done only in silence. However even if we put off all our surrounding sounds our minds have enough of recorded sounds which may interfere in our meditation. If we are not in a position to negate these inner sounds it is best to put on some soothing music or slow melodious sound like any sounds of nature like the sound of waves, bird et cetera which will definitely allow us to forget our inner noise and help us to meditate.

5. vveasey profile image84
    vveaseyposted 5 years ago

I use music to mediate with sometimes depending on what you mean by meditate
    I use music that I compose and play on my guitar or sometimes my bass.

Meditation to me is allowing all thoughts, ideas, memories etc to come in and
    out of my mind like waves flowing in and out from the beach
    without focusing on any particular idea, thought, memory or scene until my mind become clear as crystal clear flowing water.