how long do we have to meditate to open third eye daily....?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)
  1. profile image54
    narenregposted 14 years ago

how long do we have to meditate to open third eye daily....?

how long do we have to meditate for third eye to open...?

2. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 14 years ago

uh i don't think meditation opens a third eye......but let me know when you find out-------

3. draconis7 profile image60
    draconis7posted 14 years ago

Meditation opens the third eye. In my practice it does not take very long to do this. All you really have to do to do this is focus on your third eye. then emagine that it is getting brighter like a sun. do this for about 10 minutes a day. Then do this for 4 days in a row. After that, just gsive it more energy once a weak, but you have to use yourthird eye, or you will lose the power and dtrength given to it.

4. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

The third eye can be opened prior to meditation.  But through meditation it is exercises like a muscle.  Just like we forge strength in our arms by lifting, the tunnel of the third eye is honed and becomes more and more active the more it is used.

The third eye also does not have to be just a meditative tool, but one of vision in your day to day life.  It's actions help with centerdness, clarity and awakening.

There is a practice called Throat Friction devised by Dr Samuel Sagan, which when used in conjunction with third eye awareness, helps open and strengthen the body of energy.  This throat friction practice also helps to stay focused on the third eye when thoughts creep into your meditation practices.

5. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

However long til you imagination kicks in=)

6. dabeaner profile image60
    dabeanerposted 14 years ago

As long as it takes to get her naked.

All men have third eyes.
    Look not behind their foreheads,
    but near their foreskins.

(haiku by dabeaner)

7. bill yon profile image71
    bill yonposted 14 years ago

I don't know if you can really open your third eye,that would make a very powerful person if you could,because the third eye controls your reality and can see through space and time.ever have deJa VU?thats a subliminal use of the third eye.I don't know but I would love to learn how to open my third eye.great question you have sent me into a new area to research.

8. profile image0
    loeshayposted 14 years ago

Dear Narenreg 3,
    Have you tried opening it already? Please, tell me your experiences if you have. loeshay

9. DurgaMa profile image59
    DurgaMaposted 14 years ago

The "third eye" is a chakra.  Chakras can be activated by the life energy in the body (prana) or by the evolutionary force (kundalini). It is important to know that when a chakra is activated, any glitches associated with it will also be activated along with any "powers" associated with it.

You can activate this chakra by putting your attention on it and holding it there without interruption for as long as you can manage. Practicing this, you will get better and better at it. Its activation in this case is prana, the life energy — where the attention goes, the energy goes.

When kundalini causes this chakra to become active spontaneously, you will have direct experience of God (in a personal sense rather than abstract Truth), vision of the moon of mystery, and attain of the highest samadhi and the respect of the adepts.

10. slock62 profile image59
    slock62posted 14 years ago

I can't believe anyone is taking this seriously.... This is a misuse of our God given gifts. Get over yourself please.....

11. profile image53
    tataycalixtoposted 13 years ago

It will take you a very..very long time..young children  till the age of 7 years old have this..but as they grow up it diminisses..
    But surely it will come back if you changed your outlook in your life.
    Only Good Guiding Spirit can help you to open your 3rd eye and to elevate..there are many factors that people need to understand and a deep study and heaps of practice about it.
    If you are Guided by Good Spirit you will definitely can feel a slashed between your eyebrow and forehead.then you are not allowed to to take any paracetamol or antibiotics untill it emerged because it will close the invisible open wound. Focused, Meditation, fasting and prayers are the best tools we used to open them not to mention sacred rituals..your metabolism is very important in this case...

12. youandmeR1 profile image57
    youandmeR1posted 13 years ago

I'm not sure I understand your question.  First of all what are you refering to when you talk about your third eye? i think a more clear definition of the third eye will bring better answers

13. Mikil Narayani profile image64
    Mikil Narayaniposted 9 years ago

In my opinion , meditation should not be done for more than 35 minutes in a single sitting.
    However, no one can say how long would it take to activate third eye. I have seen persons getting third eye activated on very first day of meditation. And some don't get it done even for lifetime.Try your best.

14. profile image0
    Joshtheplumberposted 8 years ago

Stop trying to open it. It never closes. If you focus on opening it, it will never come into focus.

15. stas karimov profile image62
    stas karimovposted 7 years ago

It makes no sense to meditate in order to understand the cosmic laws!!! It is simple. God is the Supreme Power. You will never make God serve you!!! There was only one Jesus Christ not a million. If we love God we should be like brothers and sisters! I give to all the faithful everything that I have received from God. And they have to give me what they have received from God. God wants us to be like a family! We need to complement each other!

16. manatita44 profile image72
    manatita44posted 6 years ago

The Spiritual life has no hard and fast rule. Ramana had an experience that he was dying at about 13 or 14 years old and soon after became a realised soul. It is not a 'jump' though. Ramana had many previous lives. We read and write music at three years old, only because we have had the experience in previous lives. So too, with opening the third eye. Spiritual sadhana (practice) is otherwise necessary.

The way of devotion does not advocate opening the third eye to soon. Ramakrishna, Aurobindo, my teacher Sri Chinmoy ... none encouraged it. Indeed the Path of Kundalini itself is dangerous for the untrained and requires teaching by an adept in this field. The way of Yoga is to first purify your lower nature: ego, fear, insecurities, guilt, anger, attachments, lust ...

To open the third eye untimely, will bring you constant harm and you will take a backward step. Rather allow God to act in and through you after a period of selflessness, gratitude, service to mankind and intense meditation. The way of the Heart may at first seem slow,  but ultimately it is the fastest way.

. All scriptures will teach you to seek God and not His gifts. After you have found God, then the gifts comes automatically. About your meditation, it is intensity that is needed and not time or hours. A set daily and disciplined practice, with an inner commitment to love God and serve mankind will be the key.

This will open up the psychic Heart and allow you to be receptive to the higher forces raining down (Grace), without which, nothing can be done. The Heart is the centre of God's Light and infinitely higher than the third eye. But yes, the third eye is occultic and very powerful, carrying the risk of leading you crazy or astray. I hope this helps.

17. Jagatheesh Er profile image91
    Jagatheesh Erposted 6 years ago

Well it is impossible to figure out any term to open third eye my spiritual teacher always taught us that meditation with full concentration for a minute is better than meditation for a day. So it depends on how good you are focusing your mind. It also needs some physical exercises like yoga and pranayama(Breathing exercise) to ensure proper meditation.

18. spiritualpoet profile image60
    spiritualpoetposted 3 years ago

Third eye opened is actually quite relative. In some philosophies when one say third eye opened its one has gained enlightenment.

There is no fixed rule as to how long one meditates etc for the experience.
    There are people who meditated for years before the experience and then saints like Ramkrishna who had the experience in just 3 days.

The best sentence here I have ever read is by the saint Patanjali " seven breaths of one pointed concentration is needed for enlightenment. "

Jesus" When thy eye be single thy body will be full of light"

Focusing on the third eye does start activating it but fully opened actually equates to enlightenment.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)