jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What is a good method for detoxification?

1. breathe2travel profile image81
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

What is a good method for detoxification?

I am interested in "detox".  Have you tried it?  What is your favorite method?

2. backporchstories profile image79
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

My husband and I work with addicts from time to time and detox is the first thing that is discussed and utilized.  One of our favorite detox methods is lemon juice, cornstarch and coca cola.  In a mug, add two heaping tablespoons of cornstarch, and juice of one lemon.  Stir into a slurry, then add a fresh cold coca cola (there are so many essential oils used in the coke recipe that we use no other cola).  Once you add the coke, it will fizz rapidly, drink right away and keep adding coke and stirring to better mix the cornstarch.  What this does is cause burping and releasing the gases of toxins in the body.  This is done twice a day for a couple of days followed by drinking good amounts of water throughout the day.  It is an amazing detox.

1. backporchstories profile image79
      backporchstoriesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This does not only apply to addicts, but the to anyone.  We all take in toxins on a daily basis, so a regime of once a week is good for general health.

2. breathe2travel profile image81
      breathe2travelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Who would have thought of coca cola in a detox?  wow.  Interesting!

3. backporchstories profile image79
      backporchstoriesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Coke is great....but dont drink a whole lot....lots of sugar in there too.  Just one can....LOL

working