Is it possible to test positive 4 days early.

1. songbirdmom profile image59
    songbirdmomposted 5 years ago

Is it possible to test positive 4 days early.

I heard a woman say she believed her LMP (Last Menstrual Period) was implantation so 4 days before her expected period she tested it was positive BUT faintly read on the HPT (home preg test)  could she have already been pregnant a month ago with her LMP???

2. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

Testing positive four days early with a home pregnancy test would be unusual, though, in biology most anything is possible. Also, some tests are more sensitive than others and will detect it earlier. Her last 'period' being implantation bleeding is also a possibility. Implantation bleeding typically varies from an ordinary period. It might come early, be shorter, lighter, different color, etc. If she misses her next period, that will be pretty good evidence she is pregnant and she should be in to see a doctor. They will be able to provide a better estimate of when she became pregnant. I'm not a medical professional. This is just to the best of my knowledge.

3. babycatcher profile image90
    babycatcherposted 5 years ago

If I understand the question correctly I would assume that her ovulation was a few day's earlier than she is used to.  That means that she was taking the pregnancy test on day 12-15 after conception, which is known to be possible time for a faint positive test.  If she had been pregnant the month before, the line would have been much stronger.

I hope this answers the question, feel free to contact me with a follow up.
    Best wishes
    Babycathcer, midwife and RN

working