jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Does overconsumption lead to depression and unhappiness?

1. Jennifer Madison profile image89
    Jennifer Madisonposted 5 years ago

Does overconsumption lead to depression and unhappiness?

2. Keith Ham profile image60
    Keith Hamposted 5 years ago

I'm not quite sure, perhaps? If it comes to weight, I am a overweight man but I do not honestly take this much into consideration anymore. I'd rather be myself and I'm happy being so.

Women, Sadly, are always subject to the weight attack by other women and todays constant standards. If you feel your gaining weight, and that makes you unhappy, look at why it does - not if the food does. Usually your problem isn't what's going in your mouth, its who is telling you not to eat.

3. JDove-Miller profile image79
    JDove-Millerposted 5 years ago

I'm not really sure either.  Some people seem quite happy overweight; others get depressed.  Some people who consume too much alcohol seem depressed; others seem to simply enjoy the high.  I'd bet research would bear out both answers.

4. Jennifer Madison profile image89
    Jennifer Madisonposted 5 years ago

what do you think of the overconsumption of products? We constantly want the newest electronic products (iphones, computers, tablets, xboxes, kinects, tvs)...Is it really necessary?

1. JDove-Miller profile image79
      JDove-Millerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No, those things are not necessary, but I doubt that having all the latest gagets makes owners depressed or unhappy!

working