jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Which dance burns the most calories?

1. MargaritaEden profile image72
    MargaritaEdenposted 5 years ago

Which dance burns the most calories?

2. Victoria Anne profile image97
    Victoria Anneposted 5 years ago

I know Zumba burns a lot of calories. As far as more traditional dances I wouldn't know, but probably whichever is fast pace with the most movement.

MargaritaEdenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is what I was thinking, thank you!

3. RyanBuda profile image89
    RyanBudaposted 5 years ago

It all depends on how you work out.

Any dance that keeps your heart rate up will burn more calories than a dance that does not. My bet would be on Zumba because it is fast paced. However, if you just go through the motions or take long rests between dances it will not be as effective.

MargaritaEdenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That is very true, longs rests would probably ruin the effect, thanks!

4. Cpm1210 profile image59
    Cpm1210posted 5 years ago

I believe that the "Clog" does. It's is an intense dance that is similar to tap dancing, but is more strenuous. Celtic and country music. It's highly aerobic, which is what burns calories the most. It gets the heart rate going at a similar rate as cycling would. In a thirty minute session, you can burn well over 130 calories, which is similar to the amount you would burn by brisking walking or cycling for thirty minutes.

5. Pinkchic18 profile image76
    Pinkchic18posted 5 years ago

I take a zumba/latin hip hop class once a week and I've recorded calories with my heart rate monitor at about 600-700 calories burned in an hour. It's an awesome workout! And fun too smile

working